Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Who's Retired ? Not ME !

I have stubbed my toes on these in the morning.
Bedroom shelves.



This is the exact size I need for a hanging light I purcashed for $1.00



Behind all this Stuff somewhere is an Antique RS Prussia Tea Set My Great Aunt left me.



The two Little White Hubley Cast Iron Dogs made in the 1920"s sell for $27.00 each. Wish I had a dozen of them!
Okay, since I have been Blogging I have visited with you about my "Beloved Family" but have not really told you about ME. I worked for a Family owned Restaurant for most of my working years. I am now retired.
"Retirement", when you are younger and working, means not living by the clock, fishing, shopping, no one telling you what to do, napping, traveling, reading and so on! Well not true. Since I have retired I am busier then when I worked 8 hours a day. I am always watching the clock, I dislike going shopping now and put it off till tomarrow, it seems like every day one of my Loved Ones has something for me to do. Napping in the afternoon would be Great but the Phone always seems to ring. Traveling? who would take care of our birds and cats for more the a day or two?
After I retired my passion was "Arts & Crafts". I loved to sit and Tole Paint, Cross Stitch, Crochet. Everyone had a Tee-Shirt I had painted on! AJ said our Home looked like a Craft Store, but no price tags on the items. Then Madison came along in 2000 and I took over caring for her during the day. There went my Crafts. My days were now spent diapering, feeding, potty training, reading Golden Books, teaching ABC's, going to the park, swimming lessons, play dates, visiting the Library (and not leaving the Children's section), watching Barney and learning the words to ever song! separation anxiety when she stated school, and Dance Classes 2 times a week. . She is now in 3rd grade so I am back to having a few hours a day during the school year to enjoy "Retirment".
My passion is now "E-BAY !!!!", selling not buying (AJ is the Buyer). I love the "Thrill of the Hunt". In the summer Jen and I Garage Sale, we go to Estate Sales and hit the Thrift Stores through the winter. I am always looking for that Item that will sell BIG and I have found a few. My house no longer looks Like the Craft Mall, it now looks more like an Antique Store or Thrift Store. Shelves that once held cute little Knick-Knacks now hold anything I am trying to sell. My China Hutch is now filled with a menagerie of small Made In Japan Figurines. I have enough Vintage Cups/Mugs to open a small Coffee Shop. Pictures, Painting and Plaques line my Bedroom floor. Bubble Wrap and Styrafoam has invaded every corner. I can not go to Wal-Mart without eyeballing the empty shipping boxes in the aisles, is there one I just might need? This is one reason I purchased my NEW STORAGE BUILDING! When I go to Friend"s & Family's Homes I am always silently in my head checking out there Stuff and thinking "That would go on E-Bay". But I am having Fun. I love my Husband, I love my Kids, I love my Grand Babies. I love my Mom, Bro. and Sis., but at this stage of my life I also Love ME. I have learned to say NO sometimes along with the millions of Yeses. I no longer want the house full of family or to cook the Big Meals. I have a young Beautiful Daughter and Daughter-in-law to do that now.
I can not wait till AJ Retires in about a year. Will we travel, sleep till noon, fish, shop, ? NAAA-We will just have Fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment