Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Famed Company !!!

AJ & Sherman

I will not go into the whole story of how AJ became aquainted with Sherman Andrus.
Sherman, for you that are not familar with him, is a Wonderful Gospel Singer. He tours the World doing concerts to spread the Good News of Our Lord through his music.
Sherman owns a home in a town neighboring our town. He has been away from it for a number years and has now decided to reside in it again. It needs some repairs and cleaning before him and his Wife can come hometo live . AJ is helping him with this project.
As I stated Sherman is a Gospel Singer but back in the early 1970"s he was in the group "The Imperials" and they were the Back-up Group for Elvis. Sherman was at our home 2 days ago and I had the pleasure of sitting at my kitchen table, over a cup of coffee, listening to Sherman tell stories of his time with Elvis. He has nothing but praise for Elvis. I could have sat all afternoon and listened to his stories.
I have listened to his Music for 30 years and what a Treat it was to meet him and to hear him give a true account of Elvis. Elvis just had a birthday and Sherman had just got back from Graceland where every year he goes for a Celebration Concert. In a few days he is off to Europe for a Concert.
He is a very nice, charming man. I put "meeting him" on my list of "Special Things In My Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment