Total Pageviews

Friday, January 23, 2009

What Long Horns You Have !

Isn't He Grand!

This Guy has our High School Mascot on his side.




This Biggun proudly displays our State Flag.





This realistic Longhorn greets you as you enter our City Park.




As you are going down Main Steet (Route 66) you can wave at Brownie!





This Longhorn keeps guard over our Fire Station.






You can not miss this one as you drive by. It is in front of our Assisted Living Retirement Home. Some of the Senior Ladies designed it. It looks very much like a Crazy Quilt Pattern. I think he is Beautiful !
~~~~~~~~
My Town has taken on the Theme of Longhorn Cattle. I believe there will be about 36 of these when the project is over. These started to show up in 2007.
Between 1886 and 1890 9 Million Longhorns were driven to market along the Chisholm Trail. The Chisholm Trail goes through 6 miles of my present day Town. We are proud of this Cattle Trail and have a Large Monument telling about the Trail, a Festival every year in tribute to it and a Shopping Center named after it.
It is really fun waiting to see where the next one will pop up and what Theme He will have.







1 comment:

  1. HAHA GRAMS I DON'T HAVE CABIN FEVER I HAVE HIBERNATION PROBLEMS! I CAN SLEEP ALL DAY BUT THEN I GETS BORED AND GOTS NOTHIN TO DO! HAHA

    ReplyDelete