Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Who Am I ?

I am Diana Marie. My Mom wanted to name ME "Valerie Marie", but my Dad liked the 1940's Movie Star "Diana Lynn" and he was determined to name ME "Diana Lynn". Well my Mom and Dad compromised and came up with "Diana" (made my Dad happy) "Marie" (made my Mom somewhat happy). She has tolds ME many times how she wanted Me to be named Valerie.






"Diana" is a nice name and I have become used to it over the years although most people, including Family call ME Diane and drop the A. In Mythology the name "Diana" is the Goddess of THE HUNT & MOON. That's her up there ^. Ya, no resemblance to ME!









My Birthday is the Best Day in the whole year to be born on..Feburary 14 and I have always Loved it! That is why my Mom wanted to call ME Vallerie, because I was born on Valentine's Day. She said she would have nicknamed ME Val. I think I would have liked that. One thing about having a Birthday on Valentine's Day is, almost everyone remembers your Birthday, when you are asked "when is your Birthday?" they say awww... your a Valentine's Baby and of course it is a Day of Love.












I was born in the 40's, so yes I am a Baby Boomer. I have 8 Grandchildren and 1 Great Grandchild. I do recieve a SS Check every month. That's all the hints you get to guessing my age.











My Mom was 20 years old when I was born and my Dad was 25 years old. I was 10 days old in this picture...my Dad left to go Over Seas the next day and did not see ME again untill I was a year old. I think this may be the reason him and I never got along. I think he just never got a chance to bond with ME as an infant or Me with him.











My nationality on my Dads side is Czech-Slovak. On my Mom's side is English Dutch and Irish. What a combination!









I was born in Illinois (there is no "noise" in Illinois) and raised in a small Railroad town called Silvis. The biggest thing in Silvis was the Rock Island Yard. This place kept alot of food on peoples table. My Dad worked for John Deere. I grew up in a very industrial area.











When I was 11 years old I became very sick. I ran a very high temperture, a very sore throat, aches in my joints and lost alot of weight because I could keep no food down. I was in the Hospital for 2 months having test after test. At one point the Doctors told my Parents they thought I had Leukemia. Back then Children died of this disease. I had to have my Hip Bone drilled into to get some Bone Marrow to be tested. Of course it came back not to be Leukemia. After ruling out everything one Doctor finally said I had Rheumatic Fever. I spent 1 year almost next to being bedfast. This disease can damage your heart so, rest is very important in getting over it.


















I have been married twice. With my first husband I was very young and and got Friendship and Love mixed up. I had three babies by him and that is the best thing that came out of that marriage. In 1977 I married Aaron...he is my "Life Partner". Sometimes I wonder how I have put up with him all these years and "all the time" wonder how he has put up with ME all these years!










I saw this cartoon and thought of myself...I wish I could find that Tee-Shirt, I would buy it and I would wear it! What happens to us after about 50? I always weighed 100 pounds soaking wet. I hit about 50 and my body became a sponge...just a soaking up them calories!










One thing that kept ME so slim & trim in my Prime was that I was a waitress. When you are a Cafe Waitress you have got to move it! Those Guys want to get that food, eat it and get back to work!
Also seeing food so much daily you tend to get turned off on food. I could have ate anything I wanted in my Mom's Cafe but, I can remember days I just could not wait to get off work and go home and eat a Bolonga Sandwich.










Well Old Waitress Never Die, thet just get sent back in the Kitchen to become the Cooks. Yes, the last few years of my Food Service career was cooking in the Kitchen. I was a darn good Grill Cook! I love cooking Breakfast and if I had a $1 for ever Buger & Fries platter I cooked, I would be rich! That picture up there ^ looks like my plates. Our Burgers were served open-faced with all the trimmings. Or in restaurant talk "Run it through the Garden!"











I think this picture ^ tells it all. Yes I am a Left Winger, I always Vote Straight Party, I believe in Freedom Of Choice, and I am Pro Union. I think you get it.









Now one thing I have always told my Daughter Jen and AJ is when I am no longer on this Earth, I want my Head Stone to read....Here Lies a Woman that had Everything!












Okay now that you have read this all I can say is






"TO know ME is to Love ME"! ...............or not.






































No comments:

Post a Comment