Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Doll House Adventure

Have you ever said you were going to start a yearly tradition and in a year or two it just fizzles out. Well Madison was born in April of 2000 and that Christmas of 2000 I decided every year for Christmas I would buy her a porcelain Collector Doll. And I have kept that tradition. These Dolls are not toys. Jen has purchase Madison 2 Lighted Wood & Glass Curio Cabnets. The first one ran out of room so a bigger one was bought and it has started to bulge also. Some of the Dolls, she has 10 and this year's will make 11, I ordered. But I have also purchased some from this very Unique Little Doll Botique tucked away in downtown Edmond. The "DOLL HOUSE".



AJ, ME and Jen went to Edmond to get Madison's doll and as we were walking we saw & heard this Horse & Wagon. I just love the clip-clop of the holves and all the scene needed was Snow and a Wagon full of Shoppers sing Jingle Bells.





Another thing I love about Edmond is on every Downtown corner is a Bronze Statue. This is the one that was on the corner we walked past. It looks like a Mom has read her Child to sleep.





Every window we went by was decorated for the Christmas Holiday. The whole Main Street of Edmond is just a Heartwarming. It made ME almost feel like I was walking the Streets of my "Miniture Christmas Village.





The 3 of us finally made it to Our Intended Destanation "The Doll House". Before you go inside, the outside is an almost give away that you will be entering into a very Charming Place.





When you open the door this is the first thing you see. Hundreds of little Pairs of Eyes looking at you as you enter. If you love Dolls you will think you have "Died and Gone to Doll Heaven"! There is a menagerie of Dolls just waiting for you to give them some attention.





There are Dolls for every occasion. This would be perfect for a Little Girls First Communion.






There are Small Dolls like these "Madame Alexander Dolls". Do not let the size fool you. Even though they are only about 10 inches tall, they still are very collectible and pricey.




There are alot-alot of Baby Dolls. Here you can see a Set of Twins.




I wish I could give you the names of all the Artists responsible for these Masterpieces. But that would take hours and since Jen and AJ were with ME I had to hurry up my mission.





Jen found a Baby Monkey that needed some attention. No sooner had Jen picked up the Baby Boy Monk......





the Baby Twin Sissy Monk needed picked up also. I think Jen was pleased to settle the Monkeys down for a bit! ;o)





There are Toddler Dolls......





and Pre-school age Dolls. These Little Farm Kids are adorable.





Do remember these are not Toys but Collector Dolls. These are not the Dolls you will find in WalMart or a Department Store either.




There are some Oddities like this Little Orange Haired Gal and who doesn't remember Strawberry Shortcake? sitting in the background.




Most of the purchases are not for Children, but for Adults that Collect these Fine Dolls.




For enstance these two Dolls have a price tag on them for $1500.00 each.




The 3 Little Girls standing next to each other all cost $2700.00 each.





This Beauty was I believe $6000, of course that included her Dog....what a Bargain!!! Now you are understanding the Awe of this store. Not only are the Dolls breath taking so are some of the prices.




Now these Pretties were somewhat reasonable, about $199 each.




These Little Newborns are OOAK (one of a kind).





I loved this Little Girl. I loved the Gap Between her Front Teeth and to ME she looks just like a Kid you would see at the Park or the Mall.




The Baby Doll on the left without the passy, to ME, looks like Alisha when she was a Baby.





Don't you just love the Tutu and the High Top Black Canvas Shoes?




Now if I had been out after a Baby Doll this year, this is the one I think I would have chosen for Madison. But a Baby Doll was not on my Agenda for the 2011 Christmas.....




nor was I out after a Big Girl Doll either, although I do love the Little Red Head.




These are very Pretty Princess Dolls, but Madison is way past this Stage.




This Little Girl was so Charming.




And wouldn't you know it, they even had the Jolly Ole Elf in Doll form.



Now I have shown you just a sample of the Dolls this Doll House has. I could really spend hours in this Store looking, touching, holding and taking pictures of the Beautiful Dolls this Lady named Debbie has invested in. This Doll Botique is Charming, full of Fantasy and brings out the Inter Child in most females. I did pick out a Doll for Madison, but I am not taking any chances on her seeing it so, no pictures untill after Christmas.



Now these two Dolls, an Older Sister reading to her Younger Sister were the most expensive Dolls in the Store. They cost, for the 2, because they will not seperated them is, $18,000. Yes that is Eighteen Thousand Dollars. And no! this is not what I purchased Madison for Christmas!!!!! But are they not Lovely?



































































No comments:

Post a Comment