Total Pageviews

Monday, December 26, 2011

....and the clock struck seven...

Another Christmas Eve...I have had quite a few of these in my life time, so I kind of know the Drill. I sure do miss the Christmases when Jen was small and every gift she got was a Thrill! and very much do I miss the Christmases when Madison was a Baby, toddler, pre-schooler and 1st-5th grader. I miss the days when I loved getting Jewelry, Perfumes and lacy-filmy nightgowns. I so much miss the days when, I enjoyed and had the energy to "Shop Till I Dropped" the last few days before Christmas Eve. I again want to "LOVE" wraping presents and decorating them with Ribbons and Bows. I remember when I could get through Christmas Eve Gift Opening with out looking at the clock and stiffling yawns. I remember Christmas Company Parties, dropping off gifts to Friends and Baking Dozens of Cookies and giving them all away! Well I guess what I am talking about could be considered CHRISTMAS PAST. .........and I guess what I am about to discribe to you is also a CHRISTMAS PAST.

........................................Christmas Eve 2011.........................................
It was just about 7:00 when AJ and ME got to "The Cox Mansion". As usual, when you walk in you are Greeted by 2 Beautiful Rotating Chrismas Trees.




Before we start opening the mountains of gifts, we take in a little nourishment. We had Cold Roast Beef, Swiss Big Eye Cheese, Romain Lettuce on Creissants. She also had Spinach and Artichoke Heart Dip w/ Itallian Toasts. There was Brownies and Rum Cake for Dessert.






We then retired into the living room and the Gift opening began. AJ was the first to open a present and it was his favorite, a Big Can of Cashew Nuts dusted with Sea Salt.






Jen opening Cuddley soft PJ's from Madison.







Wade surprised Jen with a Nook. Unknowing to her, he had also purchased himself one......





and of course one for his "Squirt" (Madison).





There were practical gifts. Wade got Jen a very nice Fry Pan....






and she in return got him 2 Laundry Baskets. He about came out of his chair with real excitment! Their old baskets I guess had bit the dust!





Madison was surprised with a New Phone that she could Text on. Her old phone was not able to text on, so now being able to Text like most of her friends........




brought her to tears.






Jen got lots of Hugs for that gift.




Here Madison has opened up a pair of "Miss Me" Jeans and she is squealing with delight!






We heard the same squealing whe she opened up a second pair.





I got Madison her Collector Doll and this year it was in the Goth/Vampire Theme. She is very into the Twilight Movies.






And since Christmas is for Kids, Madison was the Star of Christmas Eve. She got a PINK Robe......






a PINK Sleep Shirt........





and a PINK Body Pillow. Plus lots of Pink (which is a Brand Name) tops and accessories.




She also got 2 pairs of Sweater Uggs.




Well this "CHRISTMAS PRESENT" will now be added to all of my "CHRISTMAS PASTS" and give me 12 months and I will tell you about 2012 CHRISTMAS FUTURE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have a Real Christmas Tree, put it outside and decorate it with stuff the Birds will eat. They will "Thank You"




































No comments:

Post a Comment