Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Every Lady needs some Bling once in awhile!

Today Madison and ME made an afternoon visit to the Nursing Home to see Mom and to take her a gift from my Sis/Cheryl. When we got there we found her in her normal place...up by the front desk making sure the Nurses were on their toes. I found Mom in a really good mood. The first thing she complained about was her hair. She said they rubbed it with a wet wash rag and then brushed it dry. And by the looks of this hair-do I believed her 100%.



I talked Madison into going with ME today. Mat has a hard time visiting the Nursing Home and I usually do not insist on her going, but today I did. Mat was pretty quite the whole time we were there. She just does not quite understand the changes in her Moo. Mat was always the apple of Mom's Eye and Mat just loved for Mom to tell her stories of when Mom was a child growing up. That Moo is no longer with us and it is really difficult for Madison to accept.



I espically wanted to go today because I was delivering a Gift from my Sis. I gave Mom the envelope and she could read the address! We then opened the envelope and there inside wraped in bubble wrap and swaddled like a New Born Baby was......







a beautiful rhinestone Swan Ring. Mom had complained to Cher that she did not have a ring. So Cher purchased this and sent it to her.





I ask her what finger she wanted to wear it on and she stuck out her pointing finger. So on it went. Right away she started telling the Nurses at the desk what she had got.




She also started talking about other rings she had and other people that had rings. Even though none of the conversation made sense she was very detailed in telling about the rings.





She was proud of the ring and started showing it to whom ever was near...like even a sleeping resident.






When one of the Aids would come close she would stick that Little Crooked Finger out and show it to them. These Girls are so good with Mom and they would all stop and take a peek at the new Ring.




The envelope was also a treasure to her and it was also showed off. Poor Little Gal misses getting mail. Mail was a real treat to my Mom. She loved going to the mail box and getting the mail and sitting at her table reading it all...even junk mail and usually even keeping it all...even junk mail.






It was a short while and she started trying to remove the ring. So I took it off and sure enough it had made an indentation in her finger. So we put it back in the envelope and put it safely away. I will get it out for her again to look at and ooo & ahhh over.





After storing the ring in a safe place, I returned to her, to find her holding a $1.00 Bill. While I was gone for just a minute or two she had told one of the Aids she did not have any money to spend if she went shopping and the Aide gave her a $1.00. I of course told Mom how nice that was and if she wanted I would keep it safe for her. I had all intentions of giving the money back to the Aide. No No she was going to keep that money! she told ME. So Madison and I left and at the door when I turned to wave good-bye she was still holding her dollar.

Mom is doing very well. Sometimes it amazes ME that she is still with us after all she went through a year ago. She is in a Happy Place in this Season of her Life and for that I am Thankful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~























No comments:

Post a Comment