Total Pageviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

Home Made Chicken & Noodles Cures Anything!

My Great Grandma was a wonderful cook, as was my Grandmother and my Mom. How could I be any less then a Wonderful Cook? I also worked many-many years in our Family Restaurant. We served home-made comfort food. Beef Stew, Chilli, Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Chicken Fries, Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Cornmeal Breaded Cat Fish, Swiss Steak, Salsbury Steak, Liver & Onions, and so much more. The meals were just like being at home. Every Thursday was "Chicken & Noodle Day". Chickens were boiled off, cooled and the meat pulled from the bones. Lots of eggs and flour made up the noodles. This all started up around 6:00 AM and by 11:30 AM it was put together and ready for the Lunch Crowd. These Chicken & Noodles, at the restaurant, were the same recipe my Grandmas and Mom made. I now make them the same way for my Family. There is no real recipe. You just make Chicken & Noodles!I started to give you very detailed instructions on how to make Chicken & Noodles from scratch.


But after I was into it for about 15 minutes and 1 million words....

I just decided.....

that I am sorry....

but if you did not have a Grandma or.......

a Mom to teach you how and a restaurant size pot to cook them in....

then I would suggest you get out the Old Betty Crocker Cook Book and start reading.After trying to tell you in a simple manner how to make these from scratch, I came to the conclusion ther is no "simple way". Home made Chicken & Noodles take """all day""". You must be very commited when you start this meal.

Now there is one thing I do that most pots of Chicken & Noodles don't have. I put a few boiled potatoes in them. If you look close you can see them. I also use only chicken thighs...they have the most flavor and fat for making the broth.

These are sooo good! and if you do not believe it, ask Jen, Wade, Madison, AJ & ME !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You do not own a Cat...they own you.


















No comments:

Post a Comment