Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

OU versus Texas A&M Saturday Lunch

I believe I mentioned in a Blog Post awhile back, that I love Fall & Winter Meals. Big pots of Soups & Stews cooking most of the day. Oven meals like Meatloaf, Baked Potato and Scalloped Corn. All cooked in the oven at the same time for about an hour. And if you have room throw in a Peach Cobbler. I also like 1 pot/skillet cooking and that is what I did this Lazy Saturday afternoon. Wade Cox and AJ were in watching the OSU-Texas A&M Game and I was incharge of lunch. Checking out my pantry, Veggies on hand and freezer...this is what I came up with. I have to be very honest and tell you I had seen this or something close to it on a TV Cooking show once. But this is my version.
First cook some spaghetti, I myself like Angle Hair.


Now you will need an Eggplant, a whole small Onion diced, Fresh Mushrooms sliced, a clove of Garlic crushed, some, about 4, Roma Tomatos, and some Smoked Sausage sliced thin. Cook the diced Onion and Garlic in oil, I used saved Bacon Grease, for a few minutes untill the Onion looks a little clear. Now add the Mushrooms and cook them a while about 4-5 minutes. Add alittle more oil if it starts to look a little dry. Now throw in the pealed large diced Eggplant and continue to cook and stir gently.






In another skillet brown the Smoked Sausage a little with a touch of oil. After the Sausage slices has gotten a brown to them, I pour them and the oil all into the other skillet that has the Eggplant mixture.








Now is the time to large dice the Roma Tomatoes and add them to the mixture. Continue to cook about another 3 minutes or so just to warm and soften the tomatoes.






Now is the time to taste your Creation and add Salt & Pepper to taste. Put a pile of Spaghetti on the Platter, heap on the Veggies & Sausage and some Bread & Butter. Yummm






These Veggies can also be used as a side dish just omit the meat. Instead of Spaghetti put it on a Bed of Rice. This take under 30 minutes to make.






And by the way OU won! 41 to 25....Go Sooners ("\(*-*)/")!!!!!






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Please keep your Bird Feeder and Bird Bath full...we also do not have any nuts on our tree this year, so the Squirrels would love a Nut or Ear of Corn.














No comments:

Post a Comment