Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A New Normal in My Holidays

This is the beginning of a New Normal when it comes to my Holidays. This is the first year where I have ate Thanksgiving Dinner with Family & Friends then left early to go to a Nursing Home. This is a Day of Thanks and I am Thankful My mom is still here with us, but not at all Thankful for her condition. I am Thankful she does not realize just how sick she is, but not at all Thankful she usually does not even realize who I am. She does know Me & Jen are familar and that we are someone who loves her. I am very Thankful she is still eating and does not rely only on her feeding tube. I am not at all Thankful she can not feed herself and that I feel, I must be there at least once a day, at one of her meals, to just be sure she has gotten real food into her tummy.
I am Thankful that Mom is 90% of the time in a Good Place in her mind. She tells ME sometimes, when I ask her what shes been up to, that she has been shopping all day with Aunt Juilie. Sometimes she says her Mom has been there with her or her Brother Jim came to visit awhile. Alot of times she just looks past ME and smiles. I do not know who she sees but whom ever it is makes her happy.




I am not at all Thankful that along with Mom's regular Meds she also gets some drugs that keep her calm. Jen and I wonder sometimes what she might be like if these drugs were not given to her. But one thing that I am really "Thankful" for is that Mom is at the this Nursing Home. This is the third Nursing Home she has been in and as of right now I do not find any faults with it. She seems to be well taken care of, I have never found her in a condition that would upset me, they call ME if there is any changes in her, like a cold and just lately, a UT infection. I am also Thankful this Nursing Home is so Friendly, clean, does not smell, and they keep it decorated and so cheery for the residents. They really go above & beyond when there is a Holiday.


When you enter through the front door you are Greeted by a great collection of Holiday Decor. I was so impressed with the Decorations I just had to take pictures. I hope you enjoy this Little Tour...





This Turkey was animated and moved his head back and forth.


This is a Big Blow up Turkey, the kind you see in a front yard.




There are Pilgrims Greeting you as you come in.


This Tree stands in the corner all year long. It is Christmas Tree, a New Years Tree, a Valentine Tree, an Easter Tree, 4th of July Tree, a Halloween Tree and today it was a Thanksgiving Tree.


There are Lots of Scare-a-crows and Pumpkins scattered about.





Colors are everywhere you look....you should see the bathrooms!





If you look close you will even see a Crow perched in the Plants.


Every Residents Room has a plaque on it.





Every little nook & cranny or shelf is decorated.


The Fall/Thanksgiving Theme just goes on......


and on. You saw the Pilgrims earlier so they could not forget the Indians!


Jen and I spent the Thanksgiving Evening with Mom. The Home had a Turkey supper but Jen and I took her a plate of our Turkey Dinner. She ate her supper really good, I give her an A+. We told her it was Thanksgiving, but I do not think it registered with her. She seemed to be well but I did noticed she was hanging her head more the usual. Jen ask her if she was hurting anywhere and she answered no.


After feeding her, kidding with her and loving on her, it was time to go. We pushed her over to the TV area. It was close to her getting ready for bed and you could tell she was getting sleepy. Mom makes no fuss when I leave and for that I am Thankful......












































No comments:

Post a Comment