Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Making a Buck On eBay...101

I go to quite a few Garage and Estate Sales, plus hit the local Thrift Stores. I have, been know, to by some pretty bizarre items. I have had people ask ME outright "What are you going to do with THAT?" and usually I am truthful and say "Sell it on eBay". Then comes the questions: "what do you sell, do you make any money, how do you do it, and I would like to sell but I don't know how." I tell everyone just give ME a call and I will help you. I have helped 2 people only. I really think people are afraid to try and sell on eBay. Hey if I can do it anyone can. If you have a Camera and know how to down load pictures, thats it. eBay will talk you through the selling part on line. Easy-peasy! Now what to sell? ANYTHING might sell. There have been people that have even auctioned off the opportunity to name their child. I like to sell Vintage Collectibles the best. The oddest thing I have ever sold was an Old Rusty Round Drain cover. I thought it was a trivet, but the person that bought it told me it was a cast iron drain cover from the 1900. It had some kind of foundry mark on it that identified it. One thing about selling on eBay, you learn alot. I know more about Art, Pottery, Glassware, Vintage toys, books and collectibles then I ever thought I would. It is a very time consuming Hobby/Job. You must be very dedicated to sell on eBay. Believe ME alot goes into selling on eBay. Christmas is really a great time to sell. Everyone has Christmas Decor items they are tired of. Do not toss them out or give them to Goodwill. Sell them! One thing I am doing this year is Christmas Stockings.


Christmas Stockings have come so far from hanging a Knitted or Red Felt Stocking. They now come in lots of materials and shapes. These are some that I purchased brand new from a very well known store. The stockings were on sale 1/2 price. The 2 small stockings were on sale for $5.00 each and the larger Red Plaid one was on sale for $9.00. I listed these on eBay for $16.50 each for the small ones and $25.00 for the large one.


So I paid $19.00 + tax for all 3 Stockings and I sold the 3 for $58.00. That gives me a $39.00 profit. I just got back from the very well know store with 3 more Stockings to sell. Hey I can happily do this for the next month and 1/2, with no problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment