Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mom Nov.9-2011

It has been awhile since I have put pictures of Mom on here. To be honest, I really never think of taking my camera untill I'm there at the Nursing Home. Mom had a Cut & Perm a few weeks ago. When her hair is just let to dry and picked out it looks cute. But the Nursing Home will not let the Ladies have a wet head after their showers, so it is blow dried.....there go the curls and you are left with this little fuzz. Mom's hair is getting thinner and thinner.
I did get all of her summer clothes out of her closet and replenished the closet with warmer winter clothes. Today she had on a Sweater and matching Sweater Pants. I can honestly say she was the best dressed Gal in the nursing home today.


I went over at noon and fed her lunch. She ate really good. I had made some cornbread last night and took her some. She loves it crumbled in a glass of cold milk. She ate it all! I usually grade her on her eating and today she got a "B". She did not do so good on the Brussel Sprouts but ate all of her Beef & Noodles.


I was taking these pictures of her and of course she doesn't pay much attention to ME. I said to her after taking this one, " Mom, do you want to see these pictures?" I showed them to her on my camera and she looked and looked and then said "Well, that looks like me!". I told her that was her and she then started to ge a kick out of ME taking her picture.


She saw one of the Aides coming and could not wait to tell her I was taking pictures.


The Aide came right over and and gave her a hug. I am at this time very pleased with the Nursing Home Mom is in. They are very good at calling ME and telling ME if there is a problem or a change in Meds. Right now she is taking some antibiotics for a UT Infection.


She was in a good mood today at lunch...and had a full tummy.


It is hard to leave Mom after being there with her for awhlie. I remember when I would go over to her house and visit her every afternoon. When it was time to leave you could not get away from her. She would even follow you to the car and talk to you through the open window and stand an wave Good-Bye untill your car was out of sight.


Now when you tell her it's time you have to go, there is no reaction. No wanting kisses or hugs Good Bye ( I always give them even if she doesn,t ask). No asking if you will be back, she just sees another person and starts talking to them. I love this Mom, but I sure miss MY MOM.
















No comments:

Post a Comment