Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring?

These are Miniature Iris. I was so surprised when they popped out of the leaves.

I never clean up the leaves in my flower beds till spring. They serve as a warm blanket for my

perennial flower during the winter.

~~~
~~~
~~~

These Daffodils are on the south side of my house. I usually do not pay much attention to that side of the house till I am ready to plant seeds in late spring. I was really surprised to see these Daffodils up and with buds.
~~~
~~~
~~~

These are succulent plants. They grow great in a Rock Garden.
~~~
~~~
~~~



Another succulent that has surprised me by comming up so early.
~~~
~~~
~~~



These are Powder Puff flowers and they also are growing up through the Fall Leaves.
~~~
~~~
~~~




These are Tulips peeking out of the ground. I sure hope they are in full bloom by Easter.
~~~
~~~
~~~
Spring is a rebirth of our earth. I just love seeing Old Friends pop up out of the ground in the Spring. Some of my Perennials were planted the year AJ and ME moved into our home. By March I am so very tired of the color Brown and just can not wait to see bright colors. I will be planting onions bulbs soon and maybe some Spinach. Then after the last frost some tomatos plants. After that it is just water, weed and feed and "Keep Your Finger Crossed" for a good crop!
~~~
~~~
~~~
Do not throw away old cereal, bread, crackers, or that pancake no one ate. Give it to our Wildbirds. They will Thank You.





No comments:

Post a Comment