Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kitchen Facelift #6

Little by Little the kitchen is coming together.
Just not fast enough for AJ & ME.
Both of us are getting in a state of depression.
Something that should be fun has turned into
complete dread. The inconvenience of living
with no sink, no stove, no pots & pans, boxes
all over, eating out, eating take out, frozen
dinners, buming home cooked meals
from Jen, walking on floors that has had the
carpet and vinyl torn up,
just plain living in a state of sheer confusement
is really wearing on us.
All of this is just because 3 cabinets were
ordered WRONG!

The counter top Guys came Wed. and
did as much as they could, which was
quite alot, just not enough to allow
AJ & ME to to get back to a little normalcy.
Even though this looks pretty finished, it isn't.
The back splash was adhered as far as they
could, to the corner. The counter tops were
cut to fit, but not attached. They are just
sitting on the cabinets.


Now as far as liking the looks of what
"is" finished
I LOVE IT!!!!!


I am just so anxious to fill the drawers
and shelves.




I told AJ the first thing I am going to
make is a BIG CHOCOLATE PIE!.....





That is if I can find a Stove I really like,
to fit in this hole. The cabinets
(in this picture) over the stove are to big.
I can not get a Range Hood under them.
They are 21" tall and should have been 15".
The 2 end cabinets, floor and wall mount,
are 18" wide and should have been 21".
These are the 3 bugers that are holding
up progress!



One thing I requested was that the
back splash go around and inside
of my window. The Guys did this
little extra for ME and
I LOVE IT! They are even going
to make ME a new window sill
covered with the back splash.
This was above and beyond what
was contracted.





This is my new sink, just sitting in the
hole, teasing us.
Nana nana nana!
You can't use me!!!!



The only one really enjoying my new
kitchen so far is "Murphy".
He has had so much fun jumping
in & out of the empty cabinets
before the counter top was on.
And you can see he now has taken
over the sink.
I asked him if he likes my new kitchen?
and he said......



Yaaaaaaaaa!!!!
To be continued.............











1 comment:

  1. It's looking great! I just wish it could be finished right away for you.

    ReplyDelete