Total Pageviews

Friday, April 16, 2010

Kitchen Face Lift #3

Ruin:...Complete collapse or destruction,
or the remains of something destroyed
(Webster Dictionary)
~~~
"This window is just taking up useful
space, it has to go!" I told AJ and
so it went.


Gone!!!! My fridge will now be
in front of it. This will give ME
room for a pantry and
needed extra cupboards and
counter space.




Next Jen and AJ cleared out my very
over crowded cupboards. I did sort
through stuff I haven't used in years
and gave to the Pets & People Thrift Store.


The contents of my cabinets were
packed in large plastic storage boxes
and stored in my shed.



Next the doors were removed.



They then worked on clearing out the
bottom cupboards and removing
the bottom doors.





Now the fun started.
Each manned a hammer and
stared tearing out the cupboards.







Believe Me when I say
"they were noisey".




These were the original cupboards and were
hand built. They were very sturdy and
took quite a bit of muscle to remove.





But, My Darlings stuck with it.





Jen kept saying to ME,
"Mom are you sure you want to do this?"




Like, now is a little bit late to turn back!!!!!




They were like my very own
Energizer Bunnies:
they just kept going and going





and going!!!





Now, I am going to admit,
I did almost
NOTHING!
Every time I got up to help, I was
told to sit down or get back.
Believe ME, they didn't have
to tell ME twice!






I told Jen
"You look-ca like a Women
and work-ca like a Man!





I told AJ,
You Look-ca like a Man
and work-ca like a Young Man!




Load after load was carried
out to the truck.



Just getting rid of this trash is a job in it's self.



This is the new spot for the fridge,
in front of the old window.
The little microwave cart
will be a thing of the past.




Cabinets all gone!



All Gone!



AJ left the sink hook up,
Thank Goodness!
It will come out just before
the new cabinets are installed.




Here Wade and Jen are pulling up
the kitchen floor and some of the
dining area carpet.




Boy am I glad to see that stuff go.





Well this is what I am living in now.
Just remnants of a kitchen.


Well I get a call from my contractor,
and he tells ME my cupboards are in
and will be installed Monday, April 19.
He says they will deliver the wall
cabinets today. And they did.



Now my kitchen and dining area are
filled up with boxed cupboards.
The bottom cabinets will be delivered after the
tops are installed. Then we wait for
the counter tops.
To be continued........
~~~~~





























No comments:

Post a Comment