Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 1995

It was April 19, 1995 a Wednesday morning around 8:30 am and I decided to take a long soaking bath. I laid in the tub about a half hour just enjoying. The water had cooled and the fingers and toes were pruney, so it was time to get out. I wraped myself in a large sheet towel Jen had gotten ME for Christmas and was drying off when at 9:01 I felt and heard at the same time a boom and rumble. It shook my windows, my Kitties and Puppies became nervous. I threw on my robe and ran out the front door thinking it was a earthquake and saw nothing at all unusual. Ran back in and called AJ at work and said to him right off, no hellos, "What just happened?" and of course he didn't know but said "turn on the TV", which I did. What I saw on TV changed my life forever.
On April 19, 1995 the Murrah Federal Building was targeted by Timothy McVeigh and a few others. They loaded up a 20 foot Ryder Rental Truck with 5000 pounds of explosives and parked it in front of the Murrah Building and at 9:01 am it exploded killing 168 innocent people, including children in a daycare center on the first floor. 19 children under the age of 6 were among the 168 people killed.
This is the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building before destruction.
This is the building right after the bombing. As you can see they had not even made people get back and away from the building at this point.
This is an image of a senseless act of terrosism.....
and this is an image that will stay with us forever.
We now have a Memorial at Ground Zero.
"We will never forget!"
This is the Field of Chairs at the Memorial. Each empty chair represents a life lost.
Rest in Peace Innocent Victims and Praying your Families have found Peace these past 17 years.
We will never forget ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment