Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon

Blue Moon
you saw me standing alone
without a dream in my heart
without a love of my own.
Blue Moon
you knew just what I was there for
heard me saying a prayer for
someone I really could care for.

and suddenly appeared before me
the only only one my arms will hold,
I heard someone whisper
"Please adore me"
and then I looked to the Moon,
it turned to Gold.
~
(check out Gold ring on moon)
Click on picture to enlarge.
~~~
Lyrics by Richard Rodgers
Most years have 12 full moons. When there is
an extra full moon in the year, 13, it is called a
"Blue Moon"
"A Blue Moon" is also used in conversation
to mean a rare event, such as
"Once in a Blue Moon"!
The last Blue Moon was December 31, 2009.
The whole world had a
"Blue Moon New Years Eve Party"!!
~~~
These are pictures of the
"Blue Moon" on Dec. 31, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment