Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

15 Minutes of Fame

It is said that everyone in their Life has 15 Minutes of Fame. Well I guess this was my Fame. Back in the early 90's a magazine came out on the stands and it was just for Women. It was called "Woman's World". It was and still is, a Great Magazine full of Recipes and articles directed towards Women's interest. It is a small magazine and I usually read it cover to cover. One article I really liked was called "Precious Moments". Women would write in about there Husbands and Children. One day I decided to send in one of My Precious Moments. And can you believe it!...it was published.



I have not thought about this article for a long time. The issue was Jan. 1993. You all know My Mom is in the Nursing Home and Jen and I have started to going through her Treasures, keeping some, selling some, giving some to Goodwill and some we are just throwing away. She had a "Box of Important Papers" and I found this article in it. She had cut it out of the magazine and dated it and stored it in a very safe place. Thanks Mom!
This story is true and it is one of the most "Precious Moments" I have shared with AJ.
The article reads:
My husband Aaron proved to me just how loved I am. At his high school reunion each graduate was asked to give an update on his life, and Aaron had just been told there was no hope of advancement in his job. After listening to his classmate's successes, it was time for Aaron to speak. Aaron summed up his life this way, "A very wise man once told me "If a Man has failed at everything else in life, but is happily married, then he is truly a success". I knew then that Aaron and I were the most successful couple in the room.

AJ & ME live in a modest Little Home, drive very modest cars, our wardrobes consist of jeans & T-shirts most of the time and our Bank Accounts are nothing to get excited over. We do have a bit of property to fall back on when AJ retires. Our bills are paid and our cupboards are full. We have wonderful Kids that have given us beautiful Grand & Greatgrand Babies. I love AJ and he loves ME, no doubt, but the best thing is we are Good Friends and like being around each other. So yes, after 34 years of marrage we are certainly a success.
~~~~
Hey I have a right to get a Little Sappy once in awhile!






1 comment: