Total Pageviews

Monday, March 22, 2010

A Face Lift on an Old Kitchen (#1) - And Here We Go.......

Three years ago I said to someone ?
"I want to redo my Kitchen"
Then I hurt my Back,
AJ's Heart got all funky,
then came 2 Heart procedures,
then it was to hot,
then it was to cold,
then there was THIS,
and then there was THAT.
My kitchen redo just sat on the
back burner and simmered for
three or more years.
Finally the spring, of 2010, my
wonderful Daughter said
"When are you going to start on
your kitchen?"
I finally said and admitted to myself
"I can't do this alone.
I can't make decision,
I don't know what company to use,
I don't really know what colors I want,
what kind of floor I want,
do I do THIS, or do I do THAT,
can I do THIS and can I do THAT?"
Jen very calmly said,
"Mother do you want me to help"
and I said
"Yes, Please!"
She took 3 off days of her work
so we could run around and look
at cupboards, countertops, back splash,
flooring, paint, and blinds.
She set up appointments for the planning
of the cupboards and this Tue. the
contractor comes to Okay it all.
We picked out paint and flooring......
and this past week-end it all began
sooo,
Here We Go!


My Personal Crew consists of:
Jen, Wade, Madison and AJ.
~
The first thing was to strip off the
border that was all around the
dining area.
This was time consuming but really easy.

Wade started painting the ceiling
and of course the foreman had to
at all times keep an eye on his work.
My wood doors are going to be painted.
First you must prime them.
Madison helped with the priming.
She didn't stick with it very long,
so do not worry about
Child Labor Laws.
The 3 of them made a good Crew.

After the ceiling was painted
Wade started on the walls.
I am using 3 colors that
all have the same tone.
The ceiling is the lightest,
the chair rail to the floor is the
middle tone and
the above the chair rail to the ceiling
area is the the 3rd or darkest tone.
Hopefully this fall or next spring I
plan to put Bead Board on the wall
below the chair rail, but for now it's
the middle color.

After stripping border and priming
doors, Jen manned the roller and
Wade did the trim between
the wall and ceiling.
Wade then worked on the below chair rail,
the middle color, and Jen did trim.
They work together like a
well tuned instrument.
(HA-HA-HA-HA-
HEE-HEE-HEE!!!)
After 12 1/2 hours we had done
all we could for one day! So we
cleaned up our tools and the
crew left.
AJ finally got a chance to
sit down to his computer and
listen to some Gospel Music.

The room really is looking good.
Jen came over Sunday
and finished up the doors.
The doors will be in the next blog.
~~~
To be continued.........












1 comment: