Total Pageviews

Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthday Cake on a Shoe String!!

This is Madison's 9th Birthday, born May 8, 2000.
This morning Jen gave ME a Strawberry Cake Mix and a tub of
Strawberry Icing. And with that she said "Make a cake or cup cakes or something
for tonight (the party).
Well my brain went into action.
I really do not care for this flavor cake or icing,
but it is Madison's favorite.
I head for the pantry and come up with Chocolate Chips.
Then to the Fridge and come up with Cream Cheese.
Well this will help the store bought cake mix and icing.
Now for the decorations?
I find colored sprinkles in the pantry and in a drawer I find
Happy Face Stickers.
Okay I say to myself, this will have to do it.
~~~
~~~
~~~
I mix the cake mix and add the Chocolate Chips.
This is then poured into a large 1 layer round pan.
We will bake this at 350 degrees for 32 minutes.
Out it comes and looks pretty good.
Now we will cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
Done.
Now run a knife around the edge and say a prayer it does not stick
and turn out on the rack to completly cool.
Oh my, the Chocolate Chips all sank to the bottom. I thought they would be
all through the cake, but there they were, all on the bottom.
Now I have learned through my years of cooking, that no matter how
something turns out,
you say
"That is how it is supposed to be!!!
You are going to love it!!!
Do you want my recipe?"
~~~
~~~
~~~

I then mixed some of the Strawberry Icing into the cream cheese
a little at a time. I wanted more of the cheese taste than the
artificial Strawberry taste in the icing. This turned out a very
Pretty and Girlie Pink.
Now peal off the Happy face stickers and put them gently on the cake
and then a few sprinkles.
~~~
~~~
~~~


Taaa-Daaa
A Birthday Cake!
~~~
~~~
~~~



Sorry Wal-Mart, you didn't get our $25.00 this year.
~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment