Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 3, 2010

How to have a Little Summer this Winter...

What says SUMMER more then
STRAWBERRIES?
And don't you just crave them in about
January?
Well here is a quick easy way to have
that fresh Strawberry taste after the
Strawberries are gone off the shelves
and all you can find are the frozen ones.
~
Freezer Strawberry Jam

First you need 2 quarts or 1 pound of
Fresh Strawberries.
I make at least a double batch
so I use 2 quarts or 2 pounds.


You'll then need sugar.
One batch need 4 cups and the double
batch needs 8 cups.




Then go to the Canning aisle of your food
store and pick up Pectin. I buy Sure-Jell,
but Ball also makes Pectin.
The recipe is in the box. Just clean the
Berries, mash them by hand or I but them
in my Food-Processor for a couple
of pluses.
Add the sugar.
Boil water and powder Pectin
and add.
Put into clean freezer containers
and freeze!
This is a double batch...
about 10 cups.
Go ahead and make a double batch-
one batch will not get you through the
winter and spring...
trust ME!
This Jam is WONDERFUL!!!!!
on Biscuits, Pancakes, French Toast,
Toast and a great topping on Ice Cream.
~
You know I think while I am in the mood....
I'll just make 1 more batch for
giving away!




No comments:

Post a Comment