Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oh Where, Oh Where, has My Turtle Gone???????

TRAGEDY strikes the Critter Farm.
I left the house a few hours on Friday morning and when I returned I found the small plastic aquarium Tony Turtle lives in on the floor. The lid was off, water all over and rocks laying on the floor, but no Tony! I had the aquarium on the cupboard pushed clear to the back wall. I had put a cookie jar, a 1/2 gallon container full of water in front of the aquarium to protect it from
Murphy.
I must tell you Murph loves to dump STUFF over. We never leave a glass or cup of liquid around on the cupboard or table. He will jump up and push it off. He finds alot of joy in making messes.
Knowing this, I barricaded (so I thought) the aquarium from him. Well it did not work!
I have looked and looked for the Little Turtle. AJ has pulled out the furniture and I have run the yard stick under Fridge and Stove. I have found pens, pecans in there shell from last fall, many plastic balls, little fur mice cat toys, a lost check book, and lots of dust bunnies, but no Turtle.
I have even got on the Web to see if a Cat would EAT a turtle and was told no, but he would have a good time playing with one.
I am sure Murphy did just that, played and played with Tony untill he batted him under something. After a while I am sure Tony just crawled to a safe place and is holding up there untill we find him. I have no doubt I will find him (someday).
He is a Water Turtle so without water I am afraid his days are numbered.
Poor Tony
and
"That Darn Cat!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment