Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brown Sugar Chewies MMM-MMM Good!

For years I only had local TV channels.
Now that we have been forced to view TV
differently, I got Dish TV.
I have got 250 channels. I still mostly watch the
local stations. One channel I have really gotten
hooked on is the
"Food Network".
Some of the recipies are so off the wall,
I would never attempt to try them. But once in
a while there is a recipe that is appealing
to ME.
My Family loves
Chocolate!
But after awhile I long to make something not
dark brown.
One of my favorite Food Network Stars is
Paula Dean.
She does alot of home cooking.
This is one of Paula's recipes and I tried it out on my Family
at Cassie's Graduation Party.
They went over great.
Paula serves her's with Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
We had ours with Coffee and the Plate emptied
FAST!
These are so easy and Sooo Gooood!
Paula Dean's
Brown Sugar Chewies
1/2 stick butter or oleo
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
greased 8"x8" cake pan
350 degree oven
bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick
comes out clean
Melt butter or oleo and brown sugar in small sauce pan.
Remove from heat and put in mixing bowl.
Let cool for just a few minutes.
Add egg and beat by hand until blended.
Add flour, baking powder and vanilla.
Beat by hand until well blended.
Add nuts and mix in well.
Pour into greased pan.
Bake
When done let cool on wire rack and cut into squares.
Dust with powdered sugar.
This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13" cake pan.
~~~
Paula Dean and ME hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment