Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Candy Cane Wreath



 
 A Sweet Neighbor Lady brought AJ & ME a Potted Poinsettia. It was a delightful surprise and it looks great on my mantel. I thought, I need to take her a little gift in return, but what? Ask and you shall receive ♥ I saw this on a Face Book Post and knew right away this was the gift for my Neighbor. It was so very easy to make and it was finished in about 1/2 hour.
Click on pictures to enlarge :)
 

 
 
 
 
 
Okay this is what you will need:
20 Candy Canes
Something to put in the middle
Something to put around the edge
I picked a plastic glitter bow and some plastic wrap candy mini ornaments
You will also have to get your Glue Gun out of storage, and I used tiny clear rubber bands for securing the canes (optional)
 
 
 
Now first run a strip of hot glue down the edge of one cane and stick another cane on the glue. Do this 10 times. After the glue cooled I then put the rubber bands on the canes.
  
 
 
 
Now lay your pair of cans on the table to form a circle. Hot Glue the tips together while still laying on the table.
 
Then Hot Glue the ends. Not all ends meet and there will be a gap between some. To help secure the middle..... 
  
 
 
cut a circle out of cardboard, I used white card stock paper. Hot Glue it in the middle on the back side.
 
 
 
Now you are almost finished. After the glue has cooled and is set, turn the wreath over and Hot Glue your middle piece on and your trim pieces.

 
 
 
Now tie a ribbon on the top for hanging.....
Ta-daa, a very Sweet Christmas Wreath. I would not hang this on the door. It is Fragile.
 
Merry Crafting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment