Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

MMMM-Good MMMM-Good Campbell's Sun-Ripened Yellow Tomato Soup ♥

Here comes Winter.
It is time for ME to stock up on Canned Soups. I really like to have Soups in the pantry for when you just need a Warm Comfort fast light meal. The Chunky Soups and a sandwich are perfect for AJ's lunches. Double Noodle Chicken Noodle is a favorite after school snack for Madison. And I crave a bowl of Tomato Soup and a Grill Cheese when the snow starts to fall. Every pantry should have the basic Cream of Mushroom, Chicken, Celery and Cheese Soups for those winter oven Casseroles.
I am a coupon clipper and I love finding coupons for New Items on the shelves. You feel pretty good about trying something New if you are getting 50 cents off of the product. Well I had a coupon for a New Campbell's Soup...
 
 
 Sun-Ripened Yellow Tomato. I love the "Regular Campbell's Tomato", but thought "what the hey, I will give you a try".
 I did like the convenience of the pop-top lid and that the can is Recyciable.
 The color of the Yellow Tomato Soup was just that...Yellow.
 The instructions say to add one can of Water, but since I always make the Regualar Campbell's Soup with milk, because I like it Creamy, I used milk in this Yellow Tomato Soup also.
 So far I like what I see and smell as I am warming it up on the stove top.
Now comes the Truth... the taste test. I add salt & pepper and a dab of butter. A slice of bread and some Whole Wheat Crackers. Hoping I have just not wasted my time and money on something I am going to feed to the trash, I taste the soup. Ummm not bad, ummm pretty good, hey I LIKE IT! I eat the bowl in front of ME and go and pour the rest from the sauce pan into the bowl and eat it. YES! it is good great!
Yesterday Madison and I went to the store and I bought 4 more cans with no coupon, paid full price and didn't blink an eye, it is that good. I am sure this soup is Seasonal for the Fall, so if you see this Yellow Tomato Soup you might want to pick one can up, it could be gone in a wink!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of tomatoes. If you have a Red Eared Slider Turtle as a Pet (like I do), a tomato diced small is a great healthy Treat for him or her.


No comments:

Post a Comment