Total Pageviews

Friday, October 19, 2012

FUN da-middles Versus Hostess Cup Cakes

I have been seeing this mix on the store shelves most of this past summer. I love novelty Cake Mixes. They come and go pretty quick. I  found a coupon in the Sunday Paper for $1.00 off a box of these Fun da-middles. And soon after, they went on sale in my favorite Grocery Store. So how could I resist not picking these up and giving them a try. They come in Delvil's Food and also Yellow Cake. I choose the chocolate. They made me think of the Hostess Cup Cakes.
 The ingreidents needed were simple: 2 eggs, water and oil.
 Toss everything in a mixing bowl.......
 and beat for 2 1/2 minutes.
 This box will make 12 regular size cup cakes, but I choose to make 6 Jumbo cup cakes. Jen got ME 2 of these Jumbo Cup Cake/Muffin tins for Christmas last year and I love them. The brand is "The Main Ingriedents" and you can purchase these at Dillards. They are Champagne colored nonstick carbon steel. They have silicone handles that do not get hot in the oven. The Jumbo Cup Cake paper cups are made by Willton.
 Instructions on the box say to fill the cups 1/3 full. You then knead this little white bag of filling 20 times and cut the corner and squeeze it out evenly over the batter.
 You then take the remaining batter and cover up the filling. Then you bake.....
 25 minutes and this is what you get!
 While the Cup Cakes were baking I made the frosting. I put a little white in a baggie before I added the chocolate.
 Because these are a very dark Devil's Food I choose to make a Milk Chocolate using melted Hershey Milk Chocolate candy bars. One little tip I learned  years ago when I took Cake Decorating Classes was to use a stainless steel off set spatula when decorating cakes or cup cakes. That little bend in the spatula make a world of difference.
 Well these Little Cakes look pretty good just the way they are, but I felt they were a little naked and since they reminded me of Hostess Cup Cakes.....
 I put a squiggle on top with the white frosting I had saved in the baggie. I cut a hole in the corner of the bag and drew on the squiggles.
 Now they really look alot like a Hostess Cup Cake. But how do they taste?
 
Hey they aren't to bad. The filling is like Marshmallow Cream.
If I had a Fun da-middles and a Hostess Cup Cake in front of ME, which one would I choose to eat with a glass of milk?
Hands Down...the Hostess Cup Cake. Some things you just can't duplicate!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment