Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2012

Their Junk...My eBay Treasures!


I think by now everyone that knows ME, knows, I sell on eBay. I love it! Why you ask, well let ME tell you.....
First I love the "Hunt".  I dearly love Garage Sales, Estate Sales, Auctions, and Thrift Stores. I love looking at other people STUFF. I also love the feeling I get when I see something odd or unusal. I have learned alot about Antiques and Collectibles in the 6 years I have been selling on eBay. Most of what I sell is Antiques and Collectibles, but I will sell about anything I can make a profit on. I use to think if it was old, discolored and chipped it was worth money...wrong. Antiques must be in nice condition to sell.
I love the feeling of "gambling" you get when you buy something and put it on eBay and wait for it to sell. If it goes for a good price, thats great.....but if sells for alot...OMG!! If I make Big Money on an item, AJ will hear ME saying over and over again
"I CAN'T BREATH"
and he knows I have hit the Jackpot!


This Frog was a JACKPOT. I purchased 5 items for $3.00 at a Garage Sale. So this cost ME 60 cents. I liked this guy because he was carved out of wood. I thought it was a planter. Nope not a planter... I discovered it was a Northwest Coast Indian Feast Bowl. I started my eBay Auction for him at $9.99 and in 7 days it sold for $133.33. I still can't breath!

This is a neat item I picked up. It is a Gourd that has been made into a container. It is black lacquered and hand painted.
 This is an Oriental Figure of a Girl Riding a Fish with an open mouth. Ceramic and Bisque.
 These are a Set of Oriental Baby Figurines. One is holding a Koi Fish and the other is holding a Foo Dog.
 This I paid 50 cents for this and had no idea what it was. The Gal I purchased it from had no idea either. She said it was her Grandad's. Well with some help from some of the Girls on my Chat Line, I discovered this is a Japanese Carpenters Chalk Line/Ink Pot. These sell on eBay up to $145.00. I have not listed this yet.
 This is an old JAPAN Teapot without the Lid. So I sold it as a Planter. Isn't it cute?
 Bear Figures are a big seller on eBay.
 A pair of Old Prints in hand carved ornate frames from Mexico.
 These are Lefton Owl Plaques that have been mounted on wood. People love the 1960's Retro items.
 1950's Ketchup, Mustard and Mayo Squeeze bottles. I paid 10 cents apiece and got $10.00  for the set.
 Items do not have to be old to sell. This is brand New with Tag. Cat Stuff goes fast!
 This is a massager VIBROSAGE. This works, all pieces are there plus the instruction leaflet. This was made in 1933.
 This is a hand carved Carving of a Hand (say that 3 time fast!). It is signed and it is by a Mexican artist....cha-ching...a JACKPOT!
 This is Retro...Danish Modern Desk Lamp. Adjustable and the shades are made of Fiber Glass. Eames Era-1950's.
Of course you know who this is, but do you know this is from the late 1940's. Vintage/Antique Toys are a Big Seller on eBay. Everyone wants something they grew up with. :o)


Well that is just a few of the sort of items I sell on eBay. Do I make alot of money....no. Do I make money on what I sell....yes. Every thing that you see above cost ME $15.30. Selling on eBay is a fun way to make an extra buck. All you need is a computer, a digital camera, and some STUFF!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to get your Hummingbird feeders out. I saw my first Hummer of the summer today. ♥

1 comment: