Total Pageviews

Monday, December 21, 2009

MEET JACK....Our Foster Dog???

Sometimes, something will come into your life, that you
never expected.
This is what happeded to AJ and ME.
~

For about 2 years we saw this dog running around
our neighborhood. He looked to live about 3
houses from us or so we thought. It was the yard we would
see him laying in most of the time.

He looked as though he was eating regularly.
He wasn't fat, but he wasn't under-fed.
He was not at all aggressive, infact he was really
shy. He would run off if you talked to him.

About 5 months ago the family that lived in the house,
we thought he belonged to, moved. The dog was not taken
with them. The dog just wondered the neighborhood.
A couple of neighbors then told ME the dog had been
a stray and had just warmed up to the family's young daughter.
She fed and befriended him.
Now he was on his own again, I don't think so!
AJ and ME stepped up to the plate.
We started putting food and water out for him.
It wasn't long before he was sleeping on our front
porch flower bed.
I had a dog house, so we put it in the flower bed. He would
not go in it, but would pull the bedding out of it and
sleep on the bedding. So, I took the top off and he then
would sleep in the bottom filled with a pillow and a
warm blanket (taken right off AJ's bed!).
Next we named him, Jack, even though we know when
you put a name on something it then becomes
yours. We then purchased new dog bowls for Jack.
As it started to get colder at night I added a wool
poncho to his bed.
Jack, whom we think is part Jack-Russel, now lives on
our fron porch. He is fed breakfast and supper every day.
In between a snack.

I feed him most of the time, so he has warmed up
to ME. I can pet him now. He still isn't as trusting
of AJ, but is slowly coming around.

He loves the warm sunny winter days.
You will find him laying in our front yard.
When I leave in the car
he walks me to the car door
and then lays by the drive untill I get home.
He then walks me to the house door.

The last thing I do before I go to bed at night
is cover Jackie up.
He just snuggles in comfey, cosey for the night.

Night-Night Jack, see ya in the morning!









No comments:

Post a Comment