Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What Does 18 Years Old Look Like?????

This is what 18 Years Old looks like!
Both of these Beautiful Girls are celebrating their 18th Birthday in April of 2009.
~~~
~~~
~~~
This is Miss Lillie Langtree.
Better know as "Lillie" to her closest Friends & Family.
~~~
~~~
~~~

Miss Lillie, before she came to live with us was a Street Girl. She was about 6 months old when I found her curled up outside my front door. Jennifer had her own place by now, so my Nest was empty. I already had a Persian Cat, Quincy. I loved him dearly, but he was so aloof that he was not fulfilling that yearning I had for a Fun Cat.
So I scooped Lillie up and said "Welcome Home Missie".
~~~
~~~
~~~

When AJ got home from work that evening I surprised him with this darling Little Orange Tabby.
I really did not know what he would say about keeping her. I had myself all ready for a dispute. But I had a pleasent surprise.
He took to her like a duck to water. And of course her being a Street Girl, since birth, she was all over him.
They bonded immediately.
He named her Miss Lillie Langtree.
If you are not familar with the real Miss Langtree, Google her.
~~~
~~~
~~~


Lillie has been AJ's Cat from the get-go.
Now do not get me wrong, I love her and she loves ME. But she has always showed him special attention and vice-versa.
In a way I felt a little left out. I still had the yearning for MY cat.
Quincy was still just laying around looking so very majestic (that is what Persians do best).
And Miss Lillie was spending her active time with AJ.
Well MY CAT did come along, but that's another Story.
~~~
~~~
~~~

Lillie is now 18 years old.
A couple of years ago she took a liking to a dog toy.
It is a little stuffed Chicken.
She will carry it around and she even talks to it.
I think in her little Senior Mind she thinks it is her Baby
~~~
~~~
~~~


She even enjoys napping with it with her baby.
~~~
~~~
~~~



At 18 years old, which is very old for a cat, she is not real active.
She sleeps alot.
She has taken over one of our kitchen chairs.
If company comes we bring out a folding chair for them to sit on, because
"We do not disturb Miss Lillie!!!".
She has earned the right to sleep where ever she wants!
She does like to find a sunny spot and take long warm naps.
Lillie seems to be in good health for her age. I do keep a close eye on her. The first sign of weight loss or a change in her habits, off to the Vet she'll go.
AJ and ME have had 3 cats and 2 dogs and they were all with 2 years of age. We have lost all of these wonderful pets ( they all lived to about 12 to 15 years of age)
but Lillie.
She is the last of an Era of Pets for us,
and that is why I am taking up this space today, to wish her....

Happy Birthday!
Miss Lillie Langtree
~








No comments:

Post a Comment