Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

Have you ever heard of a ANT LION?


This is the Flower Bed on my Front Porch. I have Petunias and a beautiful Clamatis growing in the bed. This year I have something else going on in this Flower Bed. Everyday when I would leave the house I would check the flowers and I would see these little holes. At first I thought it was some kind of an animals visiting at night. I would smooth out the dirt with my hand and sure enough the next day the little holes were back.

One evening Jen, Wade & Madison came by. I said to Wade "what is this in my Flower Bed?" He said without even thinking " those are Ant Lion holes, they catch ants in the holes." My reply "never heard of them!" So that evening I did some research on Google and came up with some info.


First I ran across this and loved it. This Photographer takes pictures of very small insects after it rains. This is a an Ant covered with rain, really cool!



Now I also found this site and it made it very clear to ME what is living in my Flower Bed. Click on the site and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment