Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dare DEVIL Dottie...

In the 34 years of Blissfull Marriage (chuckle) to AJ we have had 6 Cats all strays except our Beloved Quincey a papered Persian. I have loved everyone of them, but have had my Favorites. My very Favorite was Wienier. She was white with some Siamese in her. She was "MY" Cat and
"I" surely was "Her" Girl. She lived to be 13 years old. To this day I still miss that Girl. But my missing Weiner is slowly ebbing. I have now fell in love with another Little Girl Cat "Dottie". She was born under a shed and was pulled out from under the shed by a Big Burly Mad Man. He guessed the litter had been under there 4-5 weeks. He said the stays were always having litters under the shed and he was tired of it! There were 2 more kitties under the shed that he could not reach. Not knowing just what he may do to this Baby, I ask if I could have her? and he handed her to me like a Hot Potato. She is marked very funny and has a Dot on her chin and on her toe, so came the name Dottie...Dot...Dotter...and AJ call her Dorothy. She is a JOY. Her and Marley hit it off right away and play together all the time. Murphy, knowing she was and is a Baby grabs her by the back of the neck and pulls her around. She is so intrigued with her tail and even though she is 5 months old, she still does not realize the tail is part of her! She is so very playful, AJ & ME just love to sit and watch her. I know I am making her sound so special...she is just a normal
Kitten...except she is ours... and that makes her so Special to us.






Now one thing Dot likes to do is climb. She is always on a chair or in a window sill. She likes being high. Now today I went into the garage through the kitchen and forgot to shut the wood door, leaving the screen door exposed. Well I hear this scratching sound and turned around to see Dottie climbing the screen door. She climbed clear to the top and......















then got over onto the top of the wood door and stretched across to the top molding of my cupboards. I grabed the camera and decided to get this on film, because hopefully it will never happen again. She was moving pretty fast, hence the blurred pictures.









Across the top molding she went. She was very sure footed. I was thinking I bet she could cross a power line outside like the squirrels do.










On she went, past the Bon Appetit Sign and right up to my Vintage Fiestaware Pitcher....hoooo noooo not the pitcher please! but she made it and headed around the sharp corner.








This is where she haulted! If you look close you can see the molding stops there for abot 36" or so before it starts up again. Now she is looking at ME and I am saying "don't you do it"...










One more look to see if maybe she can make the jump...and that is when, I had climbed a step stool,and I snached her up. I really think she would have tried to jump across if I had not grabbed her. After a good scolding i I put her down and took the stool back out to the garage, this time shutting door behind me. And when I came back in "What to My wondering eyes did appear?"










Dottie had climbed onto the high back of a spare Kitchen Chair by the back door and had made it up to the top of the door. Back out to the garage I went to get the step stool. By the time I got in to rescue her she had decided to.....








see if she could walk the less then 1" door frame. After getting her down from the door ledge and another good scolding, I got out the jar of CatNip and made her a CatNip toy ( easy peasy, a small piece of material, a bit of CatNip, twist it closed and tie a ribbon around it). I decided a CatNip Drunk Kitty was better then a Kitty with a broken neck.



Now is the time to stock up for the winter, on blocks of Suet for your Wild Birds. Nuthatches love Suet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




















No comments:

Post a Comment