Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Since Feb.14, 2011 my Mom has not been living in her Home. Up to today She has been in 3 Nursing Homes, 2 Mental Hospitals and 3 Hospitals. She has stoped breathing, had a heart attack, placed on life support, been in a coma, had her body temperture lowered and then slowly raised to reduce brain damage, she has a feeding tube, she can not walk, dress herself, feed herself or use the bathroom. She has had a number of infections inside and outside her body. As of today Sept. 15, 2011 5:00 PM she did not know who I was or where she was. She was talking about her Aunt Mary and was seeing Babies in the Nursing Home Dinning Room. She also said "John is dead and I am the next to go". She is not eating well and gets fed 4 times a day through the feeding tube. She has and still is losing weight. Today for some reason she would not sit straight up in her wheel chair and would barely open her eyes. I managed to get a few bites of fruit in her but most of the time she clenches her teeth and you can not get food into her mouth. I see her every day and sometimes twice a day, except on Sundays and that is my day off from the Nursing home, and the day I do her laundry. I am watching my Mom die slowly. Her brain is shutting down some every day. There is no Magic Pill, there is no operation, there are no treatments and there is not 1 Doctor that can make her better. She is completly at the mercy of ALZHEIMER'S and Dementia.

~~~

Family lives out of state so these pictures are for them. I am not exploiting my Mom by showing her in this state. As my Sis always says

"This is my Mom. This is what we have."





















No comments:

Post a Comment