Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

AJ loves Oatmeal Cookies
"Me" loves Peanut Butter Cookies.
So I went on line to find these:
"Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies"
And
they are so gooooood!
One thing I discovered this year is
Parchment Paper.
Now I have seen this used on the
Food Network and of course
Martha has recommended it for years.
I just thought
"this is just to gourmet for me".
I used to get out the shortening and
slather up the cookie sheets.
Then came the
cooking spray and that was better then
sliced bread.
But you still had to clean the cookie sheet, everytime,
after a batch of cookies came out of the oven.
On one of my trips to WalMart I decided to buy
a roll of Parchment Paper
( I aso had a $1.00 coupon).
Not ever using it before I had to read directions.
Yes, there are rules to using Parchment Paper.
You can use either side,
no hanging over the edges of the cookie sheet,
and no oven heat above 450 degrees.
When baking cookies,
when you take them out of the oven,
slide cookies and paper off on the cooling rack.
Now I do not know if this is correct or not,
but I used the same piece of Parchment Paper
to bake the whole batch of cookies and
it stood up just fine after 4 dozen of
cookies being baken on 1 piece!
And the Great Thing is, the Cookie Sheet was
clean as a whistle! I just put the Little Darlin
back in the cupboard!
And the Cookies are beautiful,
Golden on the bottoms,
no scraping to get them unstuck
from the cookie sheet.
They just pop off the Parchment Paper!
I also use a scoop to get the same size
cookie evertime.
The Pampered Chef taught ME that trick.
One thing this has taught ME is:
"You can teach an Old Dog (Cook)
a New Trick!
~
If you want this Recipe it is on the web,
or give me a call!
~
I just threw out my old bread
to the Birds, did you?
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment